Young People's Programme
Growing creative skills, confidence and collaboration in the new generation — Now online
Are you a young person aged 11 to 30 in Luton?
Do you want to:
- develop your creative skills and experience?
- access free creative events and opportunities?
- see creative events for free?
- take part in creative projects in our town?
- join a friendly family of creative young Lutonians?
Then join the Revoluton Arts YP Familiam!
Our programme is entirely online for the time being, delivered on Zoom and Facebook Live.
Our young people’s programme is a cultural programme for 16 to 30-year-olds in Luton that aims to:
- celebrate the unique creativity of Luton’s young people
- develop young Lutonians’ creative skills and experience
- encourage young people from across the town to collaborate creatively
- inspire more young people to participate in arts and creativity — whether as an audience member, or a maker or performer.
To do this, we work in collaboration with Luton’s young people to design programmes of events, activities and projects that reflect their unique interests.
We also bring the UK’s leading creative talent to Luton to work with our young people and help shape the programme.
“@revolutonarts is an amazing project that is just giving young people the space to just be.”
— Young People's Programme participant
Case study on our young people's programme
Learn more about the methods and approaches of our young people's programme in this case study written by Dr Ruth Melville.
'Young People’s Familam is a group, but not a ‘group’ — it is explicitly open and accessible to all, avoiding any sense of clique. The structure is explicitly non-hierarchical: Jo isn’t the leader, but “the glue” – sticking people together, and there’s an attitude of listening and saying "yes".'
Events and projects for young people
New programme coming in autumn 2020.