Bury Park Residency
Celebrating creativity and sparking creative opportunities in Bury Park.
Do you live or work in Bury Park?
Would you like to:
- learn about free & educational creative events & activities for families — like children's shows based on Muslim stories?
- get involved in creative activities — like henna art and Arabic calligraphy workshops?
- find out about performances inspired by Bury Park — like our Ramadan in Lockdown, Luton short film premiere or Touchstone Tales, inspired by the stories of local people and written and performed by award-winning actor and playwright Sudha Bhuchar?
We can help.
This project is online-only at the moment, delivered through Zoom and Facebook Live.
Our Bury Park residency ('residency' means we are working deeply and longterm in an area) is a cultural programme that aims to:
- celebrate the creativity unique to Bury Park and
- inspire more people to participate in arts and creativity — whether as an audience member, or a maker or performer.
To do this, we work in collaboration with people in Bury Park, designing events, activities and projects that speak to their interests.
We also bring some of the UK’s leading creatives to the area to work with residents and help shape the programme.
From fabrics to jewellery, barbers to beauticians and fabulous food, we're celebrating the vibrant creativity in Bury Park.
- The Touch commission — using art and science to explore the theme of 'touch'.