Creative Accounting: Part 1
About this Event
Confused about how to set up as a freelancer? Not sure about how to do tax returns?
Join us for this special online Creative Café and have your questions answered by Dawn Edwards The Real Business Club Director.
Dawn has a wealth of experience with arts business owners/the self-employed/freelancers and the challenges they face — particularly in these challenging times.
Feedback about Dawn’s approach is that advice and support is always practical, well-explained, up-to-date and demystifies the misinformation that is often confusing for business owners.
After working with Dawn people always understand more, plan ahead, know how to boost their income and feel more confident with the financial side of their business.
Dawn is a co-founder and director of two successful businesses. One of these is The Real Business Club which has been delivering business advice and support for the Creative People and Places (CPP) project Hounslow programme for the last 5 years.
Her extensive in-depth finance knowledge (from over 25 years’ experience) is allied with excellent training and communication skills. A particular speciality is dealing and advising on a wealth of tax matters having worked for several years at HMRC as a trainer and Business Adviser.
- Registration with HMRC - when and how?
- Expenses - what are they?
- Records - what needs to be kept?
- How to work out profit - what rate of tax will you pay?
- Live Q & A (book to take part on Zoom)
Online via Zoom — book to get the link.
- Luton creatives: Free
- Non-Luton creatives: £2.50
Only 30 places available.
Online event policy
To help protect your privacy and keep you safe online, we ask that you follow the following guidelines when attending one of our Zoom events:
- Turn off your video and audio before you join the event (after joining you may be invited to turn on your video if you are happy to do so).
- Set your Zoom display name to your first name only or a nickname.
- Make sure your background is plain or doesn’t contain anything that reveals anything about your personal situation or where you live — eg family photographs, street signs visible through a window.